You know those moments when you see someone you haven't seen in a while, and you realize you have absolutely no connection with them anymore?
Or maybe it's someone you have seen, but haven't talked to in a while; and it's not that you have NO connection, but the only thing holding your relationship together is your shared past?
Your conversation consists of reliving memories, and giving basic "married, moving, major" updates.
I have had way too many of these moments this year...
and it's only going to get worse.
I haven't even said goodbye yet!
Everyone's still here, but I'm feeling like I've already lost them.
It kinda makes me want to cry, but I can't help but wonder if it's a good thing.
I'm feeling ready to move on with my life...There are so many big PLANS to make, and PLACES to go, and PEOPLE to meet, and ADVENTURES to have, and of course--the looming QUESTION MARKS that make life fun. I sorta can't wait. I'm learning so much already...about life and love and passion and priorities...but I know I have SO much to learn. And I'm kind of excited about it.
So, letting go--I'm learning how. :)
Wow, I'm kinda liking this whole talking-in-stanzas thing. It adds a whole new drama to the blog, doesn't it?
Oh, and Katie, this is me giving an OFFICIAL apology for being a lazy blogger, and not updating...ever. I love you, beautiful girl. Thanks for inspiring me to be better at life.
And thanks to everyone. I'm sorry for not making enough time to be there for all of you, and to get to know you in the ways that I always wanted to. There lies one of the biggest regrets of my life so far. But, I'm learning. :)
Wow, this was a sappy post. I apologize. I usually avoid all things melodramatic, but I was in a contemplative mood; so I thought I'd give it a voice. Thanks for bearing with me.

3 comments:
Yay go abby! Haha yeah see i've been using my blog a little more as a journal lately, whether or not anyone reads it, lol, so i've taken time to check others and realized, hey, i'm actually more updated than most everyone else lol! But yeah, i like your sappy post! I've definitely been very reflective lately...so i understand the thought process...
Girl, I totally know where your coming from. I was the same way last year. Life is so exciting and full of changes and ya just got to go with it. growing up is seriously the best! love you girl!!
haha. Abby .......... did you watch high school musical three again? I'll always be there for you, hopefully more than just an update friend too.
Post a Comment