Sunday, October 2, 2011

Segovia: Aqua, Ducks, and Sleeping Beauty Castles.

I know what you're thinking. But here, I'll save you the trouble:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A&ob=av2e
Please note that, as exhibited in the above picture, I have finally learned how to create both a caption and a link to another internet site.

So, we went on a little day trip to Segovia a few weeks ago and as you can imagine, this beautiful hunk of stones was the star of the show.  Sin cement, it's one of the oldest standing Roman structures in the world and they just stopped using it a few years ago.  Incredible, no?  If you really want to learn more about the Roman Aqueduct, you should click on this fancy link that I just learned how to make.
Yes, we all know Belle is better, but only the blondes get the castles.  
Except me. Ha.
                                             
And this is the Alcázar of Segovia or in other words, Sleeping Beauty's Castle.  Every Spanish tourist and their dog has this exact same picture. I apologize for my unoriginality.

And this is our uber European tour guide in Segovia.  He didn't like us very much.  

This is el Palacio Cristal in El Parque Retiro en Madrid and me with my home girl, Jessie. It's beautiful and it changed my life...both the palace and the home girl.

These are some of my cute SA friends posing by some columns in the park.
And this is the cool protest we saw one day when we were in Madrid.  We couldn't get close enough to tell if they were for or against the recent change in the Spanish Constitution.


Anyway, sorry for the scatter-brained post.  It only took me like a month to write.  But I promise there's more to come soon!  I'm trying to do a quick catch-up so I can get back on track.

Love you all mucho,

Abbs

No comments: