It's been another beautiful week of progress in Malibu!
But we'll start off with the bad news:
After 3 weeks of playing Gigi on He's Just Not That Into You, Miriam/(another pseudonym for the blog) finally broke up with me. In a VOICEMAIL. Yeah, it hurt. But don't you worry--we drowned our sorrows in some delicious choco-chip cookies a friend-of-a-friend brought in for Sis Jones. [So now I can be depressed AND obese. Luckily, my clothes still fit...but it's a fight everyday. Let me tell ya.]
...but here's the good news: First of all, I had a dream that Miriam/pseudonym got baptized, so it's really just a matter of time before she comes a-crawlin' back to us begging for her salvation. It's just a matter of time. The Truth can only nag ya for so long, ya know? Second of all, she dropped us after a fireball DTR/member-present lesson. So maybe Miriam/pseudonym laughed in my middle of my baptismal invite. I still finished it like the champion baptismal inviter that I am. (As it was basically my first, my potential has yet to be unleashed.) Long story short, I fulfilled my purpose and the spirit was there. It felt great.
The other GREAT NEWS: We found 4 new investigators!!! Faith precedes miracles, my friends. And I'm talkin' miracles of the I-got-let-into-a-house-to-
Fun fact about my compa: She gets like 3 packages every week from every variety of relative (I'm talking aunts, cousins, grandmothers) of her ex-boyfriends/boys-who-have-
Keep the faith! The Gospel is true!!
Love you all muchisimo!!
-Sis Wells
1) I finally got sunglasses! Hence the myspace-esque self pic. Laugh at us. But the sun is bright down here in socal. Esp as we drive the Pacific Coast Highway more or less everyday on our way out to Malibu. The ocean has literally become nothing more than a backdrop to my mission experience. It is no longer real.
2-3) Eating our sack lunch on Pepperdine campus as we waited for an appt with investigator (Isaac!/pseudonym)--a dynamically contradictory character who doesn't believe in God and claims he never will...but still meets with us...? We're not quite sure what to do with this kid.
4) That, dear Utah friends living in daily 20-degree winter weather, is SNOW in Southern California. But not really. But kind of. It's iced up water from last P-Day when we washed the car. It was incredibly cold last week. That was the point of the picture. But it's warming up again, so the point is now moot.
5) Headless picture of our awesome zone leaders pointing at our cute little zone goal board--turtles with baptismal dates escaping the sharks on their way to Sydney, Australia on the East Australian Current...I love our zone goals. They are always impressively and creatively bizarre.

No comments:
Post a Comment