It's been a great week in Westwood 1st!
Though we haven't had a lot of time in our area this week, the few hours we have had have yielded wonderful results!
On the very first day in our area, we managed to get an appointment with a less-active that they had been trying to get a hold of for a few months now. She is very interested in coming back and committed to meet with us weekly. She also committed to invite her non-member neighbor over to join her as we review the lessons with her! Finding through less-actives will be the theme of my time in Westwood 1st.
On our second day in the area, we spent about 10 minutes street contacting on our way to and from a meal appointment and we managed to find 2 new investigators. It's yet another testimony-builder that the Lord consecrates whatever time and efforts we'll give him. Especially as VC sisters.
From what I can tell, the ward at least as somewhat of a 5-5-5 system--which is impressive to me. They have asked us to visit a large "unknown" list, which is going to be our main plan for finding and reactivation for this next transfer. Now it's just a matter of figuring out how we can support the bishopric in their recently announced "Next Step" program (which is essentially the ward mission plan). They invited all of the members to set a goal for themselves as their "Next Step" in coming unto Christ as well as a goal for their non-member/less-active friends and neighbors as their "Next Step" in coming unto Christ. I look forward to hearing more about it in our coordination meeting on Tuesday.
In said coordination meeting, we'll also be meeting with and discussing the Farsi elders' role in the ward. I'm assuming you've briefed them on that matter, but if not, your input would be helpful. We look forward to supporting them however we can.
We have a few-ish investigators, though it looks like we may need to drop 2 of them (or that they may have already dropped us). We should be meeting with the third semi-solid investigator, *****, sometime this week. I have heard a lot about her and look forward to meeting her.
My companion is wonderful! I have never taught with someone so easily. The teaching is mostly balanced and there seems to be complete trust on both sides. I really look up to her, president. She is humble and willing to work hard. What has amazed me most is how open she is to new ideas and yet she has amazing additions and ideas of her own that make everything BETTER. I feel like I'm on a powerful team with her and the Spirit. It should be a great transfer.
The Visitors' Center is doing well. Sister ***** has "shown me the ropes" and I now feel much more comfortable in my new assignment. Humbled. But comfortable. I did my first exchange with Sister ***** and was blown away. She is humble and loving and a solid teacher. I had/have a lot to learn from her.
Below is our Transfer Vision--formed using the "Area Standards of Excellence" guidelines provided in District Meeting. Also note the "Open Your Mouth" goals. I apologize for poor formatting.
I hope you're having a wonderful week. You and Sister Weidman are certainly in our prayers as always.
Love,
Sister Wells
Though we haven't had a lot of time in our area this week, the few hours we have had have yielded wonderful results!
On the very first day in our area, we managed to get an appointment with a less-active that they had been trying to get a hold of for a few months now. She is very interested in coming back and committed to meet with us weekly. She also committed to invite her non-member neighbor over to join her as we review the lessons with her! Finding through less-actives will be the theme of my time in Westwood 1st.
On our second day in the area, we spent about 10 minutes street contacting on our way to and from a meal appointment and we managed to find 2 new investigators. It's yet another testimony-builder that the Lord consecrates whatever time and efforts we'll give him. Especially as VC sisters.
From what I can tell, the ward at least as somewhat of a 5-5-5 system--which is impressive to me. They have asked us to visit a large "unknown" list, which is going to be our main plan for finding and reactivation for this next transfer. Now it's just a matter of figuring out how we can support the bishopric in their recently announced "Next Step" program (which is essentially the ward mission plan). They invited all of the members to set a goal for themselves as their "Next Step" in coming unto Christ as well as a goal for their non-member/less-active friends and neighbors as their "Next Step" in coming unto Christ. I look forward to hearing more about it in our coordination meeting on Tuesday.
In said coordination meeting, we'll also be meeting with and discussing the Farsi elders' role in the ward. I'm assuming you've briefed them on that matter, but if not, your input would be helpful. We look forward to supporting them however we can.
We have a few-ish investigators, though it looks like we may need to drop 2 of them (or that they may have already dropped us). We should be meeting with the third semi-solid investigator, *****, sometime this week. I have heard a lot about her and look forward to meeting her.
My companion is wonderful! I have never taught with someone so easily. The teaching is mostly balanced and there seems to be complete trust on both sides. I really look up to her, president. She is humble and willing to work hard. What has amazed me most is how open she is to new ideas and yet she has amazing additions and ideas of her own that make everything BETTER. I feel like I'm on a powerful team with her and the Spirit. It should be a great transfer.
The Visitors' Center is doing well. Sister ***** has "shown me the ropes" and I now feel much more comfortable in my new assignment. Humbled. But comfortable. I did my first exchange with Sister ***** and was blown away. She is humble and loving and a solid teacher. I had/have a lot to learn from her.
Below is our Transfer Vision--formed using the "Area Standards of Excellence" guidelines provided in District Meeting. Also note the "Open Your Mouth" goals. I apologize for poor formatting.
I hope you're having a wonderful week. You and Sister Weidman are certainly in our prayers as always.
Love,
Sister Wells
Also, some pics:
Last workout with Sister ***** before she went home.
Pigtail day. SO FUN.
Fat free cottage cheese. 15 grams of protein. 0 Fat. How do
they do it???
Sis E at a Persian bakery on one of our last P-Days
together.
Sis E and I sharing our dirty shake and fries at 50's
Cafe.
*****. The first baby I will hold when I come back to visit
this place.
Moffats! Fun surprise visit! ;)
Sis E & I with ***. Last lesson. So sad.
Me with the *****. They are the coolest family. She's
super active, but the rest of the fam just isn't. She has an amazing AMAZING
heart though.
Me with Sis. *****. Amazing member missionary. Was a
Soc major and has just made me a better missionary/person/I love her a lot.
Our leaving VC Sisters. We lost FIVE last week--including my
trainer, Sis. *****. It was an emotional morning.
The view from one of our LA members' balconies. *****.
Designer of Queen Vee Jewelry. Aka the necklace Rihanna wore last week. (How
cool is my mission?)

No comments:
Post a Comment