Just kidding. It's really been okay. I'm a senior now, so I get all the corresponding powers and jazz--like the shirt, the special senior section at assemblies, the bbq, etc--and all the corresponding responsibilities. Like, ACT prep stuff, scholarship applications, etc. I haven't really decided if I like being a Senior yet. We'll sorta see as the year goes on. So far, it's just been a lot of crazy business...everyone's busy with different things and I haven't really seen a lot of my friends. But, I'm hoping things'll calm down soon so I can form an accurate opinion about my new senior status.
Anyway, NEWS:
*I'm President of New Global Citizens at MHS--which I LOVE, and am so excited for! In fact, I just went to Y Fest today, which is basically this giant youth festival/outdoor concert thing celebrating youth empowerment, and all that jazz. Mesa High was very well-represented there, and I was once again more than proud to be jackrabbit! I encourage all of you to check NGC out, btw.
www. newglobalcitizens.org
*I'm on the EXECOMM (executive committee/communism) for the GYC now. I'm the Substance Abuse Prevention Committee Chair, and one of the Central Teamleads. So, that's been pretty cool. Basically, it's just lots of conference calls and meetings. But, I do get to work with some pretty amazing people. Oh, and I just went to this Leadership Conference in Nashville about Underage Drinking Prevention. My friend, Andrew, and I presented a workshop about a research project we recently conducted called the ARMPY grant. Silly name. Awesome project. Ask me about it sometime. lol. Anyway, that a really neat experience. Um, I totally just used the word "neat". I usually only use that word when I'm talking to adults, and I very often place it in front of the words "project" and "experience". Sorry, just an interesting fact about me that I'm sure you all wanted to know.
*Oh, and the most EXCITING thing this year...I'm in the fall play! Yay! It's called "Cash On Delivery", and I get to play Sally, the ditzy-but-loving social worker. Anyway, the play's HILARIOUS, and the cast is even funnier. It'll show the 1st 2 weekends in November--so COME!
*Oh yeah, and along the same lines...(hence the lack of double spacing between this asterisk and the last...) I'm also in Spotlight Drama! So far, it's been extremely intimidating (the kids in there are SO TALENTED)--but I'm so excited to learn more about acting, and I'm so excited to work with all of the amazing people in there.
Anyway, I'm still figuring how to make the most of my schedule, but it's going to be a good year. I know that much. Yay, class of '09!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
yay AbbyDabby! Of course this year's going to be amazing! But yeah the beginning's been pretty crazy for all of us! I'm so excited for you and all your leadership activities, and also for the fall play! Let me know how that goes k? love ya!
Wow abby. No wonder why I don't see ya anymore. Your schedule is insane! Sounds like a blast though. Way to live up the Senior year!
your crazy, but awesome, dictator actress, and all that. haha. Your gonna have fun!
dearest abigail im so happy for you and your fun life! Hee hee here is me wishing i had one :] holy moley you guys are gonna have an awesome senior year i just know it~ you guys light up my life. Your amazing!
is there anything you DONT do...? just wondering. my gosh. hahaha! you are gonna rule the world some day abby dear
Okay, I feel bad. I hope it didn't sound like I was bragging or anything. But, I'm reading through it now and it definitely sounds like a resume. So, sorry about that. But thank you for the compliment-ish things!
Um...so you may not get this because it is months after you've posted this...but I love you so much!! Brag or not I think you are the most amazing girls I've ever met. And actually...you can be humble all you want, cause once you walk away I tell everyone how cool you are..."Were you talking to Abby?!...yea, she's my best friend and she is will be the first Woman Pres...well she would be if she would let me convince her to be...yea, next time you see her you should bow down!" (jk) and yes it is done behind your back haha I'm so glad you did spotlight and the play with me...cause seriously, I watch you act and I get chills-always have and...they haven't stopped yet so I'm gonna say: always will-you really are a natural! love you girl!!
Post a Comment