Family! Friends!
So, Sister Olivo, Larson (our weekend mini missionary who is beyond ready to serve her own full-time mission in 3 years!), and I went off in search of a member of our ward the other day--thinking they were in the area and could use a visit. After 30 minutes of driving just to "stop by," and several mountainous roads later...we ended up HERE (insert pic of road). I literally felt like I was in another country...namely, Scotland. It was a beautiful adventure--as are most of the days when we go to different parts of our area--which is, by the way, one of (or maybe THE) biggest in the mission. It's a crazy transformation to go from downtown LA to woodsy mountains to beautiful beaches to ranches to farms in a matter of minutes...and we get to do it everyday. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm in the most beautiful place in the world right now. Which I know I have said before. And it has been true before. But hey, I can't help that I spend a lot of time in beautiful places. You can't expect me to choose one. Not to mention that I have completely forgotten that it's cold and snowy in other places right now. Enjoy the enchantment of winter, my friends! And I will enjoy the bliss of my Malibu beachy breezes and fogs.
Speaking of Winter...let's talk about the event of the season, shall we? Namely CHRISTMAS. Which is just starting to spark in the bottom of my stomach. I can feel the giddiness rising everytime I look at the temple lights, which now fill the LA Temple grounds...or hear the Christmas music from the free 7:30 concerts every night here in the VC (what I'm trying to say: if you live around here, you BEST be visiting us and bringing along ALL of your friends and family! Share the Light, friends!)...or talk to people in the streets about the Joy of Christ and Christmas...I just love this. Christmas really will be the best on my mission. Though I will, of course, miss all of my loved ones back home. But mostly I'm just happy for you. Because you're experiencing Christmas too!
Good news:
We got a new ward mission leader and he's STELLAR. We have a meal appt everyday this week, and there's lots of new ideas a-coming our way for ways we can increase ward missionary efforts. And the members of this ward are just great. Wonderful, down-to-earth people and families. And they make great food. I couldn't be happier.
I'm busy! And happy! The VC fills up with people every night now, which is still sort of confusing b/c I'm never really sure who to talk to or how to fulfill my purpose during that time, but I LOVE IT. Christmasy people who love lights and music are a delight to spend time with and testify to.
We have investigators!! Hooray!
For everyone again: (and in the most self-righteous, soap-boxy tone I can muster!) FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD. If you don't read the Book of Mormon--and I mean REALLY READ it, like Alma 32:28 style (plant that there seed!)...and if you don't PRAY and ASK and SEEK and continually GROW...you will either never gain a testimony or you will lose your testimony. So make like Nike and Just Do It. (Nike reference for Alyssa Call).
I love ya'll. Thanks for being in my life and thanks for the letters and the prayers and all other manner of support. You're just great! Happy Christmas season!
Love,
Hermana Wells
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment