Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Exceeding Faith=Obnoxious Optimism. Happy New Year!

Hola mi familia,

I just got back from a beautiful P-day hike, coordinated by the one and only Grover couple and the fabulous Hermana Orellana. See attached photos and allow yourself to groan in joyous jealousy at this beautiful place I have been called to serve in. I know. California is phenom. Just move here already. Just hafta make 1 million dollars first.  

So, it's a new year, and I'm pretty content in the realization that I get to spend every second of 2013 serving the Lord. Again...so blessed...2 months in the field (today!), 3 months in the mission (in 3 days), and I'm still falling more in love with this everyday. Sis Jones and I celebrated the New Year by putting red lipstick on and drinking sparkling Pomegranate juice. It was a good 9:30pm moment before sleeping through the actual arrival of the new year. 

One of the things I am loving about my new compa (though the "new" part is wearing off as we've been together for half a transfer...) is her incredible energy and optimism. We've gotten some pretty decent rejections. No doors a-slammin' as of yet, but still some hurtful drops and rejections. But rest-assured that Sis Jones and I will walk away from those doors with a hopeful "Today's just not their day."...which is true. It just isn't. The missionaries will find them again when their hearts have been softened and readied for the message. I have faith in that, and I love it. I'm learning so much from this hermana. Her advice to all new missionaries is to be "obnoxiously optimistic" and "no one will ever be converted unless they read the Book of Mormon." 

And so that's my advice to all of you for this beautiful new year. The Book of Mormon mentions those people who had EXCEEDING faith...that lead them to witness miracles. So let's be obnoxiously optimistic, shall we?

Love ya'll tons!

-Sister Wells









2 comments:

Calliandra Rasmussen said...

Love it. Love her. Keep the emails coming!!! :)

Katie Seigfried said...

I AM jealous! It is beautiful there!