March 5, 2013
Ay.
The Lord's ways are higher than ours.
Speaking of...Tomorrow
is DUE DAY.
Aka the day my baby is
a-coming. We had our "new trainer" training on Friday, which I equate
to Chelsea and Dan's recent birthing classes. In that I would probably leave
both classes feeling equally overwhelmed/excited/exhausted/kind of grossed out.
(The mission/life
analogy is just too good, isn't it? I'll try to tone it down a little. Don't
want the joke to get old :)
But of course, I'm
excited! We are leading out the hastening of the Lord's work, and I feel
blessed to be here at this time, and I genuinely look forward to meeting my new
companion tomorrow. I have full faith that she is exactly what this area/I need
right now. It will be wonderful. Of this I am sure. Regardless, however,
I would love some training advice.
Sister Deskins is
leaving tomorrow, which is the only depressing part. She is so loved by the
people here, and she knows so much about the area. But of course, I'm happy she
gets to see her family, etc. I just love her. I so needed her beautiful, humble
self this transfer. She taught me a lot by example.
So, miracles of the
week! Are you ready?
1) I felt good about
following the prompting to talk to the guy, even if we have an icky scratch on
the side of our super cute red Corolla because of it. Planting seeds, you
know? That's part of my purpose.
2) E********! She's
been living with a member for the past 6 years, has 2 kids (6 months and
4-yrs-old with autism. So cute!) She shows up at church last month and wants to
know when she can get baptized. We're like...you're awesome, but...what? I was
curious--maybe to the point of skepticism (ashamed to say). But she wants the
lessons. So we start giving them to her and fall in love with her in the
process because she's sassy and hilarious and a ZUMBA instructor (win! who
doesn't love Zumba, you know?). ...But lo and behold, she's readin' the Book of
Mormon. And lo and behold, she has the beginnings of a testimony. And lo and
behold, she has a baptismal date. 4/7/13. Gen Conf. It's gonna happen, friends
:) And I'm happy 'bout it.
3) My mom is having a
birthday this week! And when I say "my mom", I mean my REAL mom. The
one that gave literal birth to me and has put up with my nonsense for the past
21 years. The BEST and FAVORITEST of all of my moms. Love you so much. Your
card is in the mail :)
4) etc...there are
always miracles. Just can't write them all.
My NEEDS (I'm feelin'
so needy today...):
Advice! Prayers!
Love!
Pray for the members
of our branch. That the 100 something inactive families will miraculously
reactivate themselves and that visiting teaching and home teaching will be set
up and take fire soon. Pray for my new companion, that she'll forgive my
weaknesses and that I can be an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands in
lifting her. Pray that we'll have the faith and higher understanding to know
who and how to drop those of our investigators who need to be given more time
to prepare themselves to hear the word.
And...I love you.
That's all I got for you today. Just love and gratitude for who you are and the
support and prayers you're already giving for me. You, too, are in my prayers.
So keep the faith, yeah?
Love ya tons!

No comments:
Post a Comment