Saturday, May 18th. 7:27am.
Elder Quentin L. Cook and Sister Mary Cook entered the ********, LA LDS Chapel.
A few minutes later,
myself and 10 of my fellow missionaries sang "If the Savior Stood Beside
Me". Don't ask me how I got chosen...I've never been one of those
obviously musical/outrageously gifted people, but I was so SO grateful to be a
part of it.
...Especially b/c I
got to sit on the front row afterward--aka like 10 feet from an Apostle of
Jesus Christ as he left us with some of the most relevant, real counsel we
could have ever asked for...becoming a part of our wards and branches and
LIFTING them, having truer and deeper FAITH in the work, and focusing
on COMMITMENTS. in addition to an Apostolic blessing on each of us--that we
would overcome discouragement with an ability to remember the deep importance
of the work and that those specific family members back home who were
struggling would be blessed and bolstered because of our efforts.
It was a beautiful
day. I love LOVE this work, and all of you.
You're in my prayers.
Love,
Hermana Wells

No comments:
Post a Comment