Tuesday, September 17, 2013

********=Baptized.



...And it was SO GOOD.  I even attached a pic to prove it happened! He is phenomenal. And the policy change happened just in time. My beloved Persian people can get baptized now! 

Other fun happenings:  We had a mini missionary this weekend! Her name is Sister ********, and she was HILARIOUS. Age 16. Home-schooled. Has an amazing testimony, and a super interesting life perspective.  I like her, and she brought us some appreciated miracles. As all minis tend to do.

Speaking of miracles...

******* and **** have baptismal dates for October 20th! Teaching them is a little surreal, but she has a lot of faith and is so SO loving.   We kind of lose them a church. She and ***** are better fellowshippers than most of our members. Which is saying something. 'Cause our members are BOMB. 

Love you all so so much! 

P.S. I'm learning a lot. Here are some scriptures that talk about some of the things I'm learning. I have a whole comprehensive list in my lesson plans that I think I'm going to organize and share with all of you someday...then we can all add do it and share it with the other missionaries in the ward and such. Good idea, right? Now to find the time...

3 Ne 28:4-10. Purest desires.
2 Nephi 4:21. Filled w/ His love.
Mark 8:35. Lose self.
Alma 17:22-23. Until the day that I die


P.P.S. Guess what? President Uchtdorf quoted me in stake conference! Apparently President Weidman shared a story with him from one of my e-mails and he liked it...and he shared it. Cool, right? I think he sort of misunderstood the story, so the miracle sounded a little grander than it was...but the principles were True (the idea of it never being too late to change--see miracle story in last week's letter to president), and apparently it sort of became a theme of sorts...so...that was exciting. :)


PICS: There's some of our run to see the beach (don't worry--we stayed on the other side of the street...and there was a whole park btwn us and the sand...and we were only there for a sec...so not disobedient)

One of our dinner w/ the ********** a few wks back

One of us and our mini weekend missionary, Sister *********. That was an adventure! :)

And, most exciting of all, one of us with ******!  WHO GOT BAPTIZED!!! Oh glorious day! :)
 








No comments: