Saturday, October 4, 2008

"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice..."

He will never disappoint you. General Conference was INCREDIBLE. I went in seeking answers, I prepared myself, and I was just...ready...to change and be changed...And, I did and was.


All my silly little "senior stresses", and boy crud, and friend issues (just high school silliness, basically)...it's been weighing down on me (if this hasn't been obvious by the past 2 rants that I've posted). And, I've been really struggling to find that overall happiness and peace in life. I'm happy, but I keep putting off "true happiness" until after New Global Citizens has chosen its project...or after the play's over...or after I've made my church assignments...or after this big project is due...or AFTER HIGH SCHOOL...or better yet, after COLLEGE...after I'm MARRIED...after I have all of my kids...then, THEN, peace and happiness will be mine. LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN...Now, seeing as I've never had issues with dancing in rain (or dancing in general, for that matter), I've never really applied this little mantra to my life. But, oh my hannah--How it applies! My life is INCREDIBLE. WHY am I not DANCING???

2 comments:

Tannis said...

Amen sister!! I love that quote: Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning how to dance in the rain. Seriously that quote it amazing! I need to read it more often!

Unknown said...

you're getting it and life is so much better, sorry bout the boy crud its no fun, well I wouldn't know I only get girl crud hahahaha!