Monday, July 15, 2013

Just a normal one. But with just as much love :)



Family! Friends! 







I love you all. Here's a copy of the letter I sent to president. I got more goodies in the mail today, so I owe yet another THANK YOU to you amazing people. 







My special testimony this week: Sacrifice means "to make sacred." Heavenly Father consecrates our sacrifices, and He blesses us for our faith. 







...I'm still trying to decide what faith means as a missionary.  Example:  I know that the Lord can give Mar Vista 20 baptisms this transfer, but I don't expect Him to. I think He will bless us and the people in His own time. And we'll just do our best to fulfill His purposes here.  But do I lack faith? 







I love you people. Thanks for being disciples. 







Love,







Sister Wells







Hello President,

It's been another great week in Mar Vista and the Visitors' Center!

***** said that he felt good about the interview he had with you on Friday. I hope it went well, and that you were able to receive some clear impressions. I think we've decided to move forward with him as if he were a new member--in the sense that we would like to give the ward missionaries the opportunity to teach him the new member lessons. We'll probably still invite Sister ****** to be present for translation, but we really want Amir to start feeling more comfortable with other members of the ward. We also think it will be a great way to get the members more involved and prepared as member missionaries. 

The family mission plan effort in our ward is taking off! We've already had some success stories from some members who had previously felt too scared to share. We hope to see and hear more of this kind of success! :)

Our new/old investigator, ********, and her children attended the stake Pioneer Day Primary Activity Day, and loved it! It was a well-organized event and everyone was incredibly kind and loving toward her and her children. We had a chance to give her a copy of The Family: A Proclamation to the World (which was direct inspiration to my amazing companion, who had said that we should be prepared to teach a little about it at the activity day. It was a great moment at the activity day when ******* kind of randomly turned to us and asked "So, why are families so important to your church?" and we were able to hand her a copy :) ) 

They were supposed to come to church on Sunday...but they didn't show up. We were mildly heartbroken, but we're planning a service activity in her home sometime this week. 

We also had a chance to teach her a little more about the Book of Mormon. She said she really felt peace as we read 3 Nephi 11 together, and we explained to her that that is the Holy Ghost. The lesson ended kind of abruptly (emergencies involving her children), so the baptismal invitation will take place in the next lesson. 

There was a recent convert in our ward who just went through the temple on Saturday! It was an exciting day for her and the ward to celebrate together, and an extra motivation for us to bring more families to the temple. 

We had attempted to transition one of our other new investigators to the YSA sisters on Sunday, but unfortunately, she never responded. Hopefully we'll be in contact with her soon. 

We continue to see miracles in the Visitors' Center. We had a former guest (and almost-member) come in yesterday and bring his aunt from Colorado. She loved it. She had great questions. They both shared wonderful testimony, and she'll be receiving the missionaries at her home in Colorado this week!

Overall, President, I'm loving the work. We see our work in Mar Vista expanding, and we hope to see a baptism or two this transfer. We haven't typed up our transfer vision yet, but we'll get that to you next week.

You and Sister Weidman are in our prayers. Thank you for all you do!

Sincerely,

Sister Wells

No comments: