Monday, July 29, 2013

Inspiring subject line



Friends and family,

The Lord is in the details. And...I love you. I wasn't organized enough to write you a real e-mail this week. Sorry 'bout that. BUT I wrote one to president, so you're welcome to disfrutar it. 

Disfrutar="to enjoy" in spanish. (Yes, I know I'm in an English area. I promise I'll get over it someday. :)  )

Love ya'll tons, 

Sister Wells

Hello President,

The Lord consecrates our time. That is our daily VC miracle. So, yes, while more time and rearranging the schedule would and could be a marvelous solution to a lot of the "VC issues," I want to make sure you know that I am not unaware of nor ungrateful for the miracles we do see, and those moments when I truly do feel validation from the Lord in my calling. Interestingly enough, it's on the micro-level that I feel most "accomplished" and validated as a missionary...or in other words, with the "worm's eye." The daily tender mercies, and the small moments in which the Holy Ghost works through me. 

*Note: I talked to Sister ****** briefly about the VC ideas she's sharing with you. I sustain her as an excellent spokeswoman and strategist in maximizing VC time (and being an overall fantastic person and missionary). In other words, keep listening to her. She's the sister we all adore and unheathily compare ourselves to. 

And yet, I still feel that I could do more. I'm remembering and renewing my focus on goal-setting and planning. I will maximize my time as a Visitors' Center sister, and I will make every second count! 

...We will do so by: working with members to better maintain our "1 hour or less in members' homes" rule (not 1 hour, 15 minutes...) as well as our "1 hour or less for every lesson" rule. And we will communicate and keep ourselves accountable to our bishop, our WML, and our AWML everyday. 

Update on our people:

We finally met a less-active that has been recommended to us by multiple members of the ward council, and she's wonderful! I would consider her an "Almost 555" program member. We've got to work on getting more steady contact with her.

 *** ALMOST said yes to coming to church with us. It was a powerful moment in the lesson, and I cannot deny (nor could he ) that the spirit was there testifying to all of us that him coming to church is exactly what the Lord wants for him. He is most certainly progressing, however, and we're excited. 

We also had another lesson with *****, who is the father of a less-active woman who passed away a month or so ago. He is still quite upset, but we had some powerful moments with him in teaching and testifying to him about where his daughter is now, and what her feelings are toward him. 

We've also made a more concentrated effort to visit the "new move-in" lists that Bishop has assigned to us. 

...and...that's it for now.

I don't know that I'll have time to share some of my ideas for the visitors' center quite yet, but I'll try to do so next week--or in our continued interview in August. 

Thank you so much for all you do, President. As always, you and Sister Weidman are in our prayers. 

Love,

Sister Wells

No comments: