(subject line to be
read w/ a Sister ***-esque Cambodian accent)
Guess what???
I'm pregnant!
Again!
...but this time in
the VC. So it'll be a whole new ball game that I...don't know if I know how to
play. But we'll just see! Pray, please!
I'm so excited for my
new compa though. She's learning spanish, and...that's all I know. Of course
you'll get more details next week. But know that I love her already. And Mar
Vista is ready for her!
I always sit down to
write this e-mail and I draw a blank on what happened this week. We've been
busy. The ward is taking off. We have a good handful of investigators and we're
working with members more than ever. It feels SO GOOD to see the fruit, my
friends. I love this work!
So, let me give you
the miracles I remember:
Monday: We went
to the LA Natural History Museum and LOVED it. One of our members works there
and got us in for free/gave us an awesome tour.
Tuesday night: We
met with ****. She's Bro James' assistant and she's
AMAZING. She said she's been prayerfully preparing for this meeting with us for
months (Bro ****** has had a lot of great experiences with her), and she feels
that she's being called to read the Book of Mormon. There's golden
investigators, and then there's platinum investigators. ***** qualifies as the
latter. It was beautiful to meet her.
Then, later in the
week (I'm skipping over several hundred miracles in between)
AND then
YESTERDAY...we had another wonderful miracle! We went to contact a potential, *******, and he wasn't home. So we walked down the
street to contact another investigator (******--who hasn't called us back in a
while :( ). He wasn't home either, but we had a good convo with his
uncle. Long story short, a few minutes later, on the way back to our car,
we see ***** outside his house! And he immediately takes us over to the
side of the house where we sit and teach him about the Book of Mormon.
Invited him to be baptized. He said "not yet." Set a return
appt. And we'll see him again on Wednesday. He has an amazing life story. Sort
of sad, but also just...resilient. Born in a Japanese internment camp, has had
several heart attacks and heart problems that have almost killed him (so he
knows God exists, you know?), and he's obsessed with Badminton. Like hardcore.
So...I like him. And I'm so excited to see him on Wednesday with my new
companion :)
Love you all
muchisimo. I'm praying for a lot of you, and I feel the strength of your
prayers.
Love,
Sister Wells
p.s. Maybe pictures
later...

No comments:
Post a Comment