Monday, August 12, 2013

"Just QUIT WORRYIN' 'BOUT IT!!!" ...and other miraculous moments.



Hello, lovely people of my former life!

Let me tell you 'bout my current life. 

You already know about the awesomeness that is *****. It's been amazing to show him the Truth (w/ a capital T) in his 86-yr-old wisdom.  (My favorite of which is Worry=Faithlessness=SIN.) ...and only kinda hard SOMETIMES when he goes on lots of rant-y tangents with that passionate 86-yr-old wisdom. But he's getting it, which is the best feeling in the world as a missionary. He came to church yesterday! AND to a dinner at Sis. ******'s house...

Wanna know who else was at Sis. ******'s house for dinner last night???

1) *******, who got baptized a few weeks back in the San Fernando mission. He's a whole 'nother miracle story. Amazing, AMAZING guy.

2) *****! Who we found at the laundromat LAST WEEK with his uncle. (Or I should say, my AWESOME COMPANION found at the laundromat last week as I was on the phone with our Distrcit Leader to arrange some servicey things for the next day. Someday I'll tell you about SIster ****. She's so so cool) ...He's already a Christian, but he'd been looking for a church closer by...we told him about Sis.****** and BAM. He's at the VC Friday night learning about the Restoration, listening to the Christus and getting emotional. I invited him to be baptized. His response (after Sis ******'s translation of my question):  "I am ready." 


...I gave you some white space there to take that in. But here. I'll say it again... "I am ready."

....MMMMMMMMMM!!!! I wish you could see the giant smile on my face as I type this. I love this kid. He's the same-ish age as *****, except he's only been here for 3 months, so his English is a little less refined. Which means he needs translation from Sis ******. Which means he gets to be taught in our area...but not by US....BECAUSE...

This brings me to the 3rd special guest as Sis ******'s dinner party last night:

3)  Elders ****** and *******, members of the newly--added SECOND COMPANIONSHIP of missionaries to the Mar Vista ward. Yup. Our area got divided. Which is SO SO GREAT. For all of the reasons you can imagine. It happened the day after our WML called President to tell him that he either wanted us full-field b/c there's too much work here for part-time sisters, or he wanted a second companionship. Apparently that call was an answer to a whole lot of prayers.  Elders ****** and ********* are the new office elders (not to be confused with the Assistants to the President, who have recently been released from their officey duties to go out and actually work in their area for once), and are therefore part-time, just like us.  And they're great. And they're going to help us save the souls of Mar Vista. Woot!! Couldn't be happier! 

Spiritual thought for the day:  Repentance is real, and Heavenly Father will teach you how to do it.  It's through repentance that we can gain a Christlike, God-like perspective of the absolute realities in front of us.  In other words, humility and charity. Which are the keys and base of a life of pure discipleship. So, I'm trying to repent more...that's all. 

Love you all so much!  You're in my prayers. 

Love,

Sister Wells

No comments: