Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sometimes, when I'm praying, Heavenly Father answers me in David A. Bednar's voice.


Literally. The other night, it came pretty suddenly.  And it was in that so-righteous-and-loving-while-still-making-you-feel-kind-of-silly-for-even-asking voice that he uses (You know the one--it's just shy of Holland's bang-the-fist-on-the-pulpit-"you-shameful-sinner-you" level). 

...In other words, I'm SO STOKED for la conferencia general. Let's joyfully prepare together, shall we?  

In the mean time, let us celebrate another week of Sister Wells' miracles in the field.

I forgot to tell you last week (because I was too busy being deep and reflective), but there's sort of been some crazy big changes here in Lynwood.  Namely, due to some...ahem--"obedience issues" in other parts of mission), the elders' area (South Lynwood--the other half of our branch) was white-washed and handed over to us sisters to care for for "a while".  

I left a space between these paragraphs to give you a second to panic for me. I don't know how to type the whimpering sound effects it caused me to make, but there you go. With a 2-second phone call from our dear AP, Elder Davidson (whose calls we've decided to stop answering), our stewardship doubled. 

So, we spent a lot of last week organizing area books and deciphering Teaching Records and erasing and reorganizing giant white boards (Fun note:  I LOVE giant white boards. Thank you, Home Depot) and maps (Another fun note:  I also love giant maps. Thank you, Staples copy center) and falling in love with investigators M****** and the M***** family. So, by yesterday night, I finally felt like I had a little bit of a handle on our new giant area. So happy. 

Not 5 minutes after having this thought, we get a call from our Zone Leaders (after 13 missed calls that occurred during our lesson--they were panicking), only to find out that they're taking the area back into the custody of the elders. 

In other words...we have to give their giant white board back. But you better believe I'm keeping the map. 

Today was Temple P-Day! Sorry I didn't warn you last week. But you know better than to worry about me too much, right? :)  It was, as always, a glorious experience. Lifted and love-filled and all that it should be. Go to the temple, friends. Best advice I could ever offer you. 

April Fools Day: Cupcakes filled with Dijon Mustard, Aalt, and Thyme and distributed by the Zone Leaders during their monthly apartment visits to all of the elders in the zone. Sister Perry and I were so proud of ourselves :)

Pictures! Ay! So behind. Don't have time now. It's another rushed p-day. 

Love you all! Thanks for the prayers and such. You're in mine :)

No comments: