She made the subject
line. That's how awesome she is.
Meet the new compas:
Hermana W:
From St. George, UT.
Age 19. Loves Soccer and all manner of sport (Yes, all of the elders adore
her). Went to USU and studied nursing (she's great w/ people). Has an amazing
testimony, is a phenomenal teacher, and has a contagious laugh.
Hermana B:
From Provo, UT. Age
21. Loves music and kids. Went to BYU Hawaii. She's brilliant and witty and
dedicated. She sets goals and works towards them, and she talks to
EVERYONE. Our numbers have been soaring because of it. Oh, and her
spanish has already improved 10x since she got here. Dedicated.
They're both
wonderful. I am amazed at how much we laugh together, and I am amazed at how
well we teach and learn from each other. Companionships are one of the greatest
and best miracles of missionary work methinks. I adore these sisters. It's
been especially neat to see how they have each found "their people"
in these past few days. Any RM can probably recall THOSE moments. The ones
where you know that you are entering someone's life at the exact point in their
conversion where they need YOUR testimony. It's a good feeling. And
watching it happen time and time again is easily the best part of training new
missionaries.
Some of those amazing
missionary miracles of the week:
We actually tracted
for a whole 5 minutes! And then the cops kept driving by and looking at us
funny so we left.
Then we went to a
member's house (Hna A--amazing conversion story and awesome new member
missionary) who gave us 3 referrals, 1 of which has since accepted a baptismal
invitation. Then we went to another referral's house and set 3 baptismal
dates with him, his cute daughter, and his
visiting friend. And then we met ****** and his cute daughter, ******, in the street, invited him to church...and THEN...HE CAME. What???? I
know. I love when people come to church. It's probably my favorite thing ever.
And wanna know who else came??? The less-actives we met a few days earlier. The ones who told us they
would never come back to church. I about cried.
I heart mission
miracles.
Things is happenin'
here in Lynwood, friends!! Keep praying for us!!!
I'm praying for you.
No empty chairs, a'ight?
Love you all a ton!
-Hermana Wells
p.s. I think I'm
going to buy a digital voice recorder and start recording my messages
home...would that be lame?
p.p.s. Mothers' Day:
I can Skype! Are CA and AZ in the same time zone? We get home from church by
3:30pm-ish. Sometime before 6pm would probably be best.

No comments:
Post a Comment