Hello hello!
I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out pics on this lil computer I'm using at an internet cafe here in L******...and failed. But it's okay! Because I have a slew of happy news and thoughts that may just make up for my lack of pics.
1) F****** is HOME!!!! F****** is a (used to be!) homeless man who came into the Visitors' Center back in January to get a drink of water. My compa (Sis J**** at the time) and I decided we should talk to him. So, after showing him the beautiful Christus, he finally started opening up to us. Over the course of the few hours we chatted with him--showing him various media in between--his story unfolded. From Chicago, has a wife and a few young kids there. He had problems with alcohol and drugs, and ran away. He felt like it would better for everyone. And then, as I imagine is pretty common for people who live by themselves on the streets for a while, he closed off, stopped talking to people, and told himself he could never go back. So he went from Florida to Cali somehow just to make sure they couldn't find him. He had been on the streets for a few years when he came in to the VC. By the end of our conversation, I was done. All I could think was that this man needed to be with his family as soon as possible. He needed to be HOME. So I told him that in a bold/maybe just rude and awkward way. At first, he sort of shuffled around the suggestion and said he would think and pray about it--which we did together before giving him a Book of Mormon and inviting him to come back the next day. Which he did. 2 days in a row. He came back and watched all the of the testimonies of the 12 apostles in the Special Witnesses room, read hours and hours worth of the Book of Mormon...and announced to Sister J**** and I around closing time of Day 2 that he was catching a train a few hours later to head back to Chicago. We signed his Book of Mormon and said our goodbyes. Sister J**** called his family last week, and discovered that he had made it! That he was home with his family! And trying to figure out his addiction recovery stuff! And so happy!! Ah! Miracles!
2) G******, the future Branch President, has been living the WOW for 6 weeks now. Who is this guy? Just up and living commandments before we even invite him to. I don't know. But keep praying that he'll choose a date to be baptized, will ya?
Love you all so much!
Sista Wells
No comments:
Post a Comment