...to
the most opposite of opposite. Let's talk about diversity, shall we? It's
a good thing I'm a sociology major so I can fully appreciate this.
Where I am: Visitors' Center. English-speaking. Malibu. With Sister Jones from Colorado/BYU.
Where I am going: Full-field. Spanish-speaking. Linwood. With Sister Deskins from Ethiopia.
Just to clue you in, Linwood is supposedly one of the sketchier areas of LA. Malibu is...not. Mom: Don't worry. Just pray.
Before I begin listing all of the photos and the corresponding reasons that I am utterly heartbroken over the change, I need to tell you how EXCITED I am for this opportunity. Sister Deskins is AWESOME (I have only met her a few times). I get to work on my spanish. I LOVE hispanic people and food and culture. And I get to be in the field 24/7. Which should be incredible. I'm ready & excited to love and serve everyone there.
Disclaimer over. Now I can tell you why I'm sad. Pictures are worth 1000 words, right? We can go through the list then. Though I only have 4 minutes. So I probably won't have time to finish...
Where I am: Visitors' Center. English-speaking. Malibu. With Sister Jones from Colorado/BYU.
Where I am going: Full-field. Spanish-speaking. Linwood. With Sister Deskins from Ethiopia.
Just to clue you in, Linwood is supposedly one of the sketchier areas of LA. Malibu is...not. Mom: Don't worry. Just pray.
Before I begin listing all of the photos and the corresponding reasons that I am utterly heartbroken over the change, I need to tell you how EXCITED I am for this opportunity. Sister Deskins is AWESOME (I have only met her a few times). I get to work on my spanish. I LOVE hispanic people and food and culture. And I get to be in the field 24/7. Which should be incredible. I'm ready & excited to love and serve everyone there.
Disclaimer over. Now I can tell you why I'm sad. Pictures are worth 1000 words, right? We can go through the list then. Though I only have 4 minutes. So I probably won't have time to finish...
1) Me and the Malibu sign.
And the Book of Mormon that will cause everyone there to be baptized.
2) Hannah and Grace and us. Hannah is Sis Jones' friend from high school and now goes to Pepperdine/lives in our area...it's an AMAZING story. Some of the most wonderful Christian people I've ever met. Grace is her roommate and one of 10 other students that we've been teaching there. She's hilarious. We're going to collaborate on a combined Social Venture when I get home. I can't give deets. But we'll see how it goes.
3) Bolander family. Cutest, coolest. Dad is an architect. Hence the awesome house in the background.
4) New, amazing AMAZING ward missionary! And her cute daughter and homemade pizza, and a Brazilian friend that was staying the night with them (b/c they're THAT cool)
5) Guy we saw in the Yogurt Shoppe. Are we creepy? Yes. But does he look JUST LIKE the guy in Baby Mama? Yes. So it was necessary.
No time for the rest! But I love you all!
2) Hannah and Grace and us. Hannah is Sis Jones' friend from high school and now goes to Pepperdine/lives in our area...it's an AMAZING story. Some of the most wonderful Christian people I've ever met. Grace is her roommate and one of 10 other students that we've been teaching there. She's hilarious. We're going to collaborate on a combined Social Venture when I get home. I can't give deets. But we'll see how it goes.
3) Bolander family. Cutest, coolest. Dad is an architect. Hence the awesome house in the background.
4) New, amazing AMAZING ward missionary! And her cute daughter and homemade pizza, and a Brazilian friend that was staying the night with them (b/c they're THAT cool)
5) Guy we saw in the Yogurt Shoppe. Are we creepy? Yes. But does he look JUST LIKE the guy in Baby Mama? Yes. So it was necessary.
No time for the rest! But I love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment