Second of all, look at the pictures and witness my 2nd week here in the beautiful land of Lynwood. I immediately felt guilty for sending my last e-mail b/c, while this place isn't exactly Malibu, it has its own beauty, you know? Hence the sunset picture. And there are others that I haven't taken yet--misty sunrise in the park and such. Not to mention the people, who are the real beauty of this place. It's a cool 'lil community, and it's not nearly as sketchy as I thought it would be. It's just real, you know? People here are just real. And loving and funny and awkward and inappropriate and great.
Specific examples:
*****. She's like 70 something and owns a clothing shop downtown--with whom we had 2-hour long lesson this last week,(which we probably spent an hour of talking about her $1500 dog who was stolen and how much money it cost to feed it its fresh-chicken-only diet, and me attempting not to openly gape at the amount of cleavage this sassy old lady has going on), sitting across from our member present Hermana *********--easily one of the more conservative sisters from the church (and yet so kind and loving), whose daughter just lost her job and is therefore wondering how they're going to pay rent next month. The ********* family is WONDERFUL. They feed us the best food every week, and they're both so willing to come to lessons with us.
And then there's *******, who's about to be baptized as soon as he figures out that God really will help him to quit drinking all the way--and then sustained as Branch President shortly thereafter. You can just see it in his eyes, you know? And I'm convinced that his wife is going to take a dip in the font herself.
And *******, who is recovering from cancer and is probably one of the more faithful people I know. She just converted to Christianity from Catholicism a few years ago and her commitment to read the BOM felt the most genuine of any that I've heard. Though she's new, so I'll keep ya updated.
We had ward conference on Sunday, complete with a branch lunch and a color-coordinated/corsage- wearing ward choir performance with a borrowed pianist (You were right, mom. I so regret quitting piano.). We have already been contracted to sing at the multi-stake conference next month, which should be amusing :)
The other pics are other happy things that I don't have time to tell you about.
The Gospel is true, friends. And the Atonement is real. 3 Nephi 9:13. Come unto Him, and be Healed.
Love ya all tons!
Hermana Wells
P.S. Dad, what's going on with immigration these days? I made the mistake of telling someone that you were an immigration attorney and they immediately starting asking me questions. It's obviously a hot topic in these parts. Is the amnesty thing a real deal???















No comments:
Post a Comment